Printing "Anno Domini"

Last November 2016  I had the very fun privilege of having my painting titled "Anno Domini"  made into  Lithograph prints. It was printed on the same press and by the same team that printed the Saint John's Bible.  It took us about nine hours to get it where we wanted it. It was a marvel to watch this huge Heidelberg press and the team of experts working so diligently with me to get the color matches just right.  It was also really fun to hear all the stories of how hard they worked on the bible. What an amazing story they had to share!

 What a pleasure it was to work with the printing team at John Robert's Company. 

What a pleasure it was to work with the printing team at John Robert's Company. 

 The ink colors were so beautiful!

The ink colors were so beautiful!

 Thank you to Mike Nordberg for all his expert help! 

Thank you to Mike Nordberg for all his expert help! 

 I learned what a "prog" is and I fell in LOVE with them! Progs are the test prints as they attempt to find the right color combinations. Below is the bin of all the discarded progs at which time I went dumpiest diving!  In the next few weeks I plan to go back and do some fun compilations of prog sheets. I can't wait to see how they turn out! I'll be selling them as limited editions so stay tuned.

I learned what a "prog" is and I fell in LOVE with them! Progs are the test prints as they attempt to find the right color combinations. Below is the bin of all the discarded progs at which time I went dumpiest diving!  In the next few weeks I plan to go back and do some fun compilations of prog sheets. I can't wait to see how they turn out! I'll be selling them as limited editions so stay tuned.

 We used silk coated paper on archival paper and with archival ink. At least nine colors were used with a special combination to achieve the gold color.  

We used silk coated paper on archival paper and with archival ink. At least nine colors were used with a special combination to achieve the gold color.  

 The original is propped into a light box which allows them to get the closest match of color possible. 

The original is propped into a light box which allows them to get the closest match of color possible. 

 The final product! A fine art Lithograph print. We made two sizes, this is the large size. It is 75 percent of the original size. Again, a very special thank you to the team at John Roberts! Cheers guys! And I hope my blog readers found this interesting. Thanks for sharing some of my journey with me.   Cheers!   

The final product! A fine art Lithograph print. We made two sizes, this is the large size. It is 75 percent of the original size. Again, a very special thank you to the team at John Roberts! Cheers guys! And I hope my blog readers found this interesting. Thanks for sharing some of my journey with me.   Cheers!